|Job Title||Eugene Saldanha Fellowship in Social Justice Reporting|
-Editorial/Writing (Journalism, Reporter)
|Vacancy location||South Africa, Gauteng, Johannesburg North|
||Eugene Saldanha Fellowship in Social Justice Reporting|
The Mail & Guardian and the Eugene Saldanha Memorial Fund, a project of CAF Southern Africa, are pleased to announce the call for applications for the second annual fellowship in social justice reporting. The fellowship is intended to enable a journalist to spend a year focusing on stories that deal with poverty, inequality, and the realization of human and socio-economic rights.
This is a one-year contract post, based at the Johannesburg offices of the Mail & Guardian. The successful candidate will report to the news editor and will be required to provide news and feature content for all platforms of M&G Media Ltd that go beyond statistics to illuminate the lived experience of poverty in South Africa, and that provide insights into the structural conditions of inequality that continue to divide the country.
|Long description||Candidates should:|
• Demonstrate genuine commitment to social justice
• Have at least 3 years of experience in journalism
• Be prepared to work in challenging urban and rural environments
• Have an understanding of and respect for media law and ethics
• Be willing to work in both print and multimedia formats
• Be able to communicate in at least two official languages
• Have a driver’s license
Applications should be addressed to the Human Resources Officer e-mail address:
Closing date: 30th November 2012.