-IT/Software Development (Software/Web Development, Web/UI/UX Design)
|Vacancy location||South Africa, Gauteng, Johannesburg North|
||Position: Senior Web Designer|
Reporting to: GM Digital Operations
|Long description||Job outputs|
Champion and implement excellent design throughout Mail & Guardian’s entire portfolio of sites, including new projects.
Work with the editorial team to conceptualise, design and maintain interactive infographics, animations, videos and other data journalism elements.
Conceptualise and implement rich media advertising banners, promotional mailers, mini-sites and other material related to M&G sites.
General graphic design tasks such as creating logos, illustrations, graphics and presentations
Mentor and manage junior designers
- Ability to deliver creative solutions to technical, editorial and business briefs
- A thorough grounding in modern web design technologies, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Superb graphic design skills (including illustration)
- Strong interface design skills
- Expertise in Photoshop, Freehand and Flash.
- Ability to work to a strict deadline and as part of a team
Qualifications and Experience
- A strong portfolio of online work
- 5+ years Web Design experience
- Graphic / Web Design degree or diploma preferred
- Experience designing content-rich, advertising-supported websites.
- Experience creating infographics, animations and other data journalism elements.
The appointment will be done in line with the M&G Media Ltd. Employment Equity Policy and the remuneration will commensurate with the position.
Applications should be addressed to the HR department E-mail address: [email protected]
Closing date: 30 November 2012
If you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful