-Business/Strategic Management (Business Unit Management, President/Top Executive)
|Address||The Group Human Resources ManagerALPHA MEDIA HOLDINGS (Pvt) LtdI Kwame Nkrumah AvenueBox BE 1165, Belvedere, Harare|
|Vacancy location||Zimbabwe, Harare, Harare City|
||Vacancy: Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Alpha Media Holdings|
Alpha Media Holdings, (AMH) an independent
media group in Zimbabwe, is looking for a dynamic and innovative Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to help develop and drive the company forward in the age of digital and social news.
The successful candidate will not only ensure the smooth running, development and success of the AMH existing businesses, but will be a main player in identifying new opportunities for content delivery and advising on and providing the tools to succeed.
|Long description||Title: Chief Technology Officer|
The CTO’s role at AMH is to mastermind, deliver and maintain all technical components of the company’s business mission including planning for, advising on and implementing agreed strategies for future development and growth.
Strategy & Planning
• Advise on opportunities for technical and content innovation and development across all areas of the AMH news businesses.
• Keep senior management colleagues informed of any market and technical obstacles that could threaten AMH services.
• Work closely with all editorial heads to ensure that technology is designed to meet their content requirements and advise on any new technology that they may want to consider in order to become more effective and efficient.
• Assess, test and recommend the best technological platforms and devices to maintain the delivery of AMH content.
• Prioritise effort and resources in order to deliver agreed strategic business goals.
• Set up the workflows and roles and responsibilities needed to ensure the smooth delivery of all AMH technical needs.
• Work across all departments to ensure all receive the same level of service in order to assist them in achieving their departmental objectives.
• Introduce redundancy and recovery
elements into all systems to ensure the smooth running of all AMH services.
• Set up secure technological systems to protect AMH databases that are robust and successfully resist any external attacks.
• Establish internal best practice for the use of technology by AMH staff and visitors.
• Updated AMH stakeholders with strategic reports when required.
Implementation & Deployment
• Maintain and develop current newsroom systems in order to ensure that the current AMH business continues uninterrupted.
• Take responsibility for registering and
renewing the company’s website domain addresses including those that could be taken by others.
• Maintain and develop the email systems for the company.
• Keep a record of all AMH software licences
and ensure that all software used is up-to-date and legal.
• Manage internal communication systems.
Formal Education & Certification
• A university degree in computer science, software development or similar discipline
would be preferred. The successful candidate will have experience in most of the following areas.
• Demonstrated ability to manage large technical operations.
• Experience working in the media industry.
• Knowledge of the print, broadcast, online
and social media industry.
• Experience managing teams.
• Experience in service level delivery to
stakeholder and client groups.
• Experience reporting to board level in person and in writing.
• Familiarity with newsroom content management and news management systems.
• Experience working with open-source solutions.
• Familiarity with internet marketing and search engine optimisation (SEO).
• Understanding of multimedia, the use of
video, audio, stills, graphics and online
• Familiarity with information security
• Experience of risk management.
• Experience in system management, upgrade and development.
• Experience of business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
• Proven leadership ability.
• Ability to set and manage priorities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Great motivator and team builder.
• Excellent at working with and for departments
to deliver their needs in terms
of the overall business priorities.
• Ability to articulate ideas to both technical
and non-technical audiences.
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional service orientation.
• Ability to motivate in a team-oriented,
• On-call availability and periodic overtime.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers (or skill with adaptive devices) to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment.
Only persons with the above requirements need apply.
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted by not later than Thursday 31 January 2013:
The Group Human Resources Manager
Alpha Media (Pvt) Ltd
1 Kwame Nkrumah Avenue,First Block, Third Floor
Box BE 1165, Belvedere, Harare Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org