-Business/Strategic Management (Business Unit Management, President/Top Executive)
|Vacancy location||South Africa, Gauteng, Johannesburg|
||HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST|
Health Systems Trust is a dynamic, not-for-profit organisation that supports the development of an equitable and comprehensive health system for the provision of quality health care in South and southern Africa.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
(3-year performance-based contract) Gauteng
|Long description||HST has a vacancy for the position of Chief Executive Offi cer, who will provide leadership, secure sustainable funding, develop and execute strategic plans and organizational policies and ensure good governance of HST, with the support of the Board of Trustees.|
• A post-graduate degree (preferably public health)
• At least 10 years management experience in a comparable organisation with proven financial
• Senior Management experience in the Health sector.
Key responsibility areas:
• Strategic Direction: Provide strategic direction in conjunction with the Board
• Programme/project development: Translate
the strategic mission of the organization into implementable programmes and projects
• Programme/ project integration and co-ordination: Ensure integration of programme/project activities around key organizational goals and objectives
• Organizational and financial management: Establish and/or improve appropriate
organizational structures and systems necessary for good governance and compliance with relevant legislation and standards/codes • Fundraising:
Ensure that HST secures the necessary resources needed to carry out its
programme of action and to ensure that the obligations to funders are met
• Stakeholder management and liaison: Create and manage profi le of the organization
within the environment it operates and ensure proper liaison and communication with
relevant stakeholders, including government, funders and communities.
• Fundraising experience
• Proven leadership ability
• Participatory leadership style
• Commitment to Primary Health Care
• Extensive networks in the healthcare and/or funding sectors
• Willingness to travel extensively.
Remuneration: A performance-based salary package commensurate with experience and qualifi cations will be offered to the successful candidate.
This is a 3 year contract position, and could be extended depending on the incumbent’s performance and need for the position by HST.
A covering letter(Max 2 pages) ,detailed CV with names and contact details of at least three references (with email addresses) should be sent to the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees at Heath Systems Trust, via email to:
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS
11TH FEBRUARY 2013 AT 12H00
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
HST reserves the right not to make an appointment.
HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST SUPPORTS EMPLOYMENT EQUITY